Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wee and Drum

     This is Wee and Drum from Whiff of Joy stamps.  They sell several gnome stamps that spoke to me to purchase them!  Don't laugh.  I know stamps speak to you too!
    The background is a herringbone technique that I learned from Technique Junkies.  TJ is a wonderful way to learn how to use all those "products" you've purchased but don't know how to use.  They publish a newsletter of the techniques as well as viewing step-by-step tutorials via the website.  I highly recommend TJ.
     Wee was colored with Copics.  The paper is Basic Grey.  I did some faux stitching around the image.
    

5 comments:

  1. The papers you used for the Herringbone look wonderful with your cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully colored charming image!! And I love what your did with the bg!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, this is too cute and fabulously colored. However, the herribone layered paper background had me saying WOW! Great look and design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luvin' this, cute image, and yep, my stamps talk to me, but you know that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this stamp too and it is one of my fav xmas ones! and i do plan on doing a 'shading around the image' tips and tricks, but in the meantime, check out this post of paula's...she does a FAB job of explaining it. http://www.paulatracy.com/paper_possibilities/2010/08/mavis-and-the-shadowing-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for such encouraging comments!