Monday, January 24, 2011

Roses

     I'm sure you're thinking..."oh no, she made another card using flowers...."!
     O.k., just hang in there with me for this one.  I promise it will be my last floral card for at least 5 postings!  I have a couple of images colored but not put together yet.
     My madness for this card was wanting to try a technique that Kim Teasdale posted here on the Flourishes blog to get a rich, shiny effect.  She embosses the image and then covers with Crystal accents.
     I tried this on the roses but not the leaves so I could see the difference.  The roses turned darker than I had colored but I'm pleased with the outcome.
     O.k., I promise 5 new postings that are not flowers!  
                                  Have a wonderful day!  
      
     

6 comments:

  1. FABulous coloring, luv your card! TU for the get well kiss, here is a big 0 for U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning use of color! Love the way you framed your image with the lovely embossing on the BG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the kind comments left on my blog, this is a nice embossing folder I didn't catch who the maker is, Beautiful coloring of the image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can make as many cards as you want using flowers Linda your flower colouring is always amazing, the flowers are so life like I can almost smell them...beautiful
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty.. I love this set. Great coloring..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Linda -- fabulous coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for such encouraging comments!