Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine Roses

     I realize I said no flowers for at least 5 postings.  However, this is not a flower card.  It is a Valentine card!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
     I wanted to create a fu-fu card with all the bells and whistles from lace to pearls to a lacy flower.
     The stamped flower is Flourishes (as if you didn't know).  The "Love" background stamp is Hero Arts.  The other two hearts were stamped with "Amore" also from Hero Arts.
     I use Versafine ink for wording.  I discovered it will not dry on X-press Blend paper used for Copics.  Using fingers I smeared the ink around and my bright white paper turned a lovely pink! 
     My Valentine will be entered at Flourishes Timeless Tuesdays, Paper Take Weekly, Simon Says Stamp and Show, Simply Create and Stamping Vacation
     Hope you are warm, safe and having a creative week!  
    

9 comments:

  1. Definitely a hands-down gorgeous Valentine card. I love how you have stamped on the die cut hearts and used them as background. Beautiful image too! Terrific job on showing us some LOVE. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Valentine is sooo gorgeous!!! The Flourishes rose image is sooo pretty and I just love all the bells and whistles you added...WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda this is gorgeous. I really like this set paired with the hearts. Very romantic feel.. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooooooooooo very pretty I love your homemade lacy flower with pearl center. Do u have a tut for that. Thanks so much for participating in our PICK 3 Challenge for Feb. over at SV. You now have an entry towards the $25.00 gift certificate to a store of your choice!!Rock On!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh this is so beautiful love the colours and papers thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, your Valentine card is FABULOUS! I love the awesome rose image you used and the entire design is just PERFECT!!! Thank you for joining us at the FTTC this week! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooo a beauty! WOW Beautiful coloring on the roses Linda!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for such encouraging comments!