Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Psalm 19:14

     Verve is celebrating their 5th Anniversary with several challenges and a sale.  I used their Meditations set on this card which is currently 40% off.
     One of the benefits of using scriptures is while making the card you can memorize the verse.  Even though I know this verse I don't always remember where the verse is found in the Bible.
     The sketch is a challenge with Sketchy Colors.  I used Basic Grey's pb&j papers.  Martha Stewart provided the border punch and the shadow underneath.  The corner punch is Sizzix.  A bit of stitching and a pearl inside the cross completes the card.  
     Thanks for visiting! 

Challenges:
Basic Grey - anything goes
Stamping Sisters in Christ - Use sentiment only 
Word Art Wednesday - meaning of joy (Lord's strength)    



13 comments:

  1. Lovely card and colors!

    Thanks for joining us at the Sketchy Colors challenge this week!
    Hugs, Jannhild

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this project. Great scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE this patchwork quilt looking style, and of course a favorite scripture of many (including me). It always seems to convict my heart when I read it. Thanks for linking up and sharing this with us in Challenge #42 at Word Art Wednesday.
    Have a blessed week!
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, the sentiment, paper, embellishment. Beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Linda - it is lovely to see you! Your card is wonderful - I love the patchwork background - it works perfectly with your wonderful scripture! Love the colours you have used too! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty, love the design, neat stitching and design... I am the same way with learning where to find a verse, I can memorize verses just have a hard time rememberinng where it is

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! For some reason it give me a homespun quilt feel -- so warm and inviting!
    (Shoregirl - Guest Designer at Word Art Wednesday for the month of August)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is different! I like it.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that verse! I chose it as our school memory verse one of the years I was principal of a Christian school. Your card is just beautiful. What gorgoues papers. Every detail beautifully frames the verse. Thanks for joining us for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week. We are loving having this inspiration there for all of us to enjoy! Diane Noble (SSIC-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilted card!!! You're so right...we shouldn't just be creating with scripture, we should use it as a tool for scripture memorization.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card. Love all the texture/colors in it.

    Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW.

    Have a blessed day!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey Challenges.
    Hugs Mieko

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for such encouraging comments!