Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sweet Cherries

     Hello friends!  Today's card is another entry for the Sweet Challenge celebrating Flourishes 5th Anniversary.  I was gathering papers together for a different challenge when this beauty cherry paper from My Mind's Eye popped up.  Well, that's all it took to whip out the Cherries and Peaches set by Flourishes.
     The sketch is inspired by Mojo #253.  After coloring the cherries I took a cloth with blending fluid to put texture on the cherries.  I wasn't careful and instead of texture I got splatters!  I like the result!  Crystal accents added with a brush created texture.  A touch of stitching and a rhinestone heart completes the card.
     Thanks for visiting!  Hope you have a "sweet" Wednesday!

Challenges:
Simon Says - anything goes
Stamping Sisters in Christ - use a punch or die
        

9 comments:

  1. You've been a busy bee! Another pretty card - this time with my favorites - bright colors!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, look at these cherries! Delicious and gorgeous, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, makes me want to pick one straight off the card and eat one... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I love how you stamped the small cherries on the sentiment tag! Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just delightful and yummy! The stitching is super fun. Thanks for playing in Flourishes 2,4,6,8 Birthday Celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda - I love this. The DP and image are just perfect fpr each other. I love the way you colored the cherries. And I really like the zig zag stitching in the corners. Thanks for sharing with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. so very sweet, love the paper to go with your image, neat corner stitching and the sentiment stamped over the image is a neat touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey GF, your work is so awwwwsome! Your color choices and layouts amaze me, as do you! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh...so pretty!! Flourishes are my favorite stamps and I love the little splatters around the cherries! Thanks for joining us this week at SSiC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for such encouraging comments!