Sunday, May 5, 2013

Amazing Grace

 
     Hi friends!  On this Sunday I have a beautiful hymn to share with you.  It is one of my favorites. 
     The stamp is from Our Daily Bread Designs.  I used two different papers from My Mind's Eye, In Bloom and Blush.  The die cut behind the image is an ornate, custom die from Heartfelt Creations that I was lucky enough to win.  I'll create something soon to showcase this stunning die.   
     Stitching on three sides as well as the pearls were added for texture.  I also stamped some matching flourishes on the background paper and distressed the image using Tattered Rose by Distress Inks.
     As I was putting this card together I noticed the hymn was missing the last verse!!  You can't sing Amazing Grace and leave off the last verse.  I'll have to email ODBD about it.
     I was hoping to enter my card in their challenge but Blogger had other ideas this afternoon.....
     Thank you for visiting.  Hope you have a beautiful Monday!
 
Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes  
     
          

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you presented this beautiful old hymn. I agree, the last verse is the best, so too bad it's omitted.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Linda. It is a cherished hymn, and you've done such a stunning job with it. You bless me with your beautiful art every week, and I thank you SO much for sharing with us. I just LOVE this. Have a great week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that is so pretty, I like the stitching, very neat idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for such encouraging comments!