Saturday, December 20, 2014

Rustic Wreath

designer Linda Carson
      Hey all!  Today's card was made with one of those happy surprises I discovered in my Christmas stash purchased last year!  It's a Spellbinders 3D M-Bossabilities folder.  
     I searched Pinterest to see cards created using this folder and came across this beautiful card by Debbie Olson.  I do love her work and stalk her often!
     Debbie airbrushed her card and shared the Copic colors she used.  Since I've been dabbling in airbrushing as in the Little Drummer Boy card I thought I would CASE her card. Hope you'll visit Debbie's blog and see what this jewel looks like airbrushed by a pro!
     The things I changed were distressing the edges and mounting on green cardstock.  I played around with other larger bows and embellishments but decided to keep it flat for mailing. 
     Sentiment is from the ODBD His Birth set with die cutting using ODBD Mini Tags.
     Thanks for visiting!

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
Loves Rubber Stamps - anything goes   

9 comments:

  1. Nicely done Linda. Love the embossing and color. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding card! Beautiful and peaceful. Good job!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh! Gorgeous! Wow! I saw Debbie's card, too, and yours is just as pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a lovely job with the airbrushing and the tiny tag is a cute touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda!
    Your wreath is stunning. SO much texture and life to this, and the shading is amazing as well. Great job! I found your sweet card through Word Art Wednesday.

    My name is Dottie, and I am trying to grow my blog. I would love to have you stop by and check out my BLOG CANDY and become a new follower!

    I hope you will stop by:
    http://somethingcraftybydottie.blogspot.com/2014/12/blog-candy.html

    Thanks,
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wreath has such lovely texture, color contrasts making a beautiful card. We really appreciate that you are posting art with us in this two week challenge, at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings to you and yours, Carole Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Linda! This is honestly one of the most gorgeous cards I've seen in quite some time. The texture is amazing, and I don't know just how you created it, but I am absolutely in awe. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
    Have a great week and God bless you!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so beautiful. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for such encouraging comments!