Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sending Prayers

     Hello!  I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday.  Today's card was an experiment that went wrong.  I got my hands on some Color Burst.  They are powders that when wet turn into vibrant watercolors. 
     My first attempt didn't go well.  The mist of water turned into a flood!  Colors went everywhere!  It was fun though watching how the powders burst into colors.
    
Linda Carson, Hero ARts
     The floral chain on this card is actually specialty cardstock.  I was using it as a stencil.  The water and colors were too much and just covered the papers.  They make it look so easy on YouTube! 
     I loved the way the flowers looked so I turned my oops into a card.  Why not!!   
     As you can see I used vellum along with the exclusive Hero Arts prayers stamps and die made for Simon Says Stamp
     You guys are the best!  Thanks for taking time to stop in and visit!  Have a creative week!
 
Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
        
      
    
    


5 comments:

  1. It turned out to be very pretty. Thank you so much for joining our 220th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Your creation is inspiring and very beautiful. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of Color burst! Love the vibrant colors and use of sentiment!! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like lots of fun to experiment with! Tempts me to try stamping too. Very unusual but the colors are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the results you got on the flowers.... but I do know what you mean when you watch video's and then try it for yourself and it is nothing like you expected it to be. The vellum sentiment piece is the perfect touch for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never used Color Bursts. Just one more thing when I have so much designer paper that needs using. I really love the effect after die cutting. It minimized the OOPS, I think, Fabulous colors. You'll get the hang of it and it will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for such encouraging comments!