Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas!

     Merry Christmas!  I couldn't let this day go by without wishing you a very Merry Christmas.  I hope you had a wonderful day with family and friends as we celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus!
     We got together as a family Friday night at my brother's who lives here in town.  So glad we don't have to travel.  He has 13 grandchildren from ages 13 to 4 days!  The place was wild and so much fun and laughter!
     Here's one of my festive Christmas cards.
Linda Carson, WPlus9
     I fell in love with these Holiday Houses from WPlus9 when I saw them on Instagram.   This card is a CASE of one by Jo Nevill.  I changed several things but the inspiration came from Jo. 
     The sentiment with foliage is Be Merry also from WPlus9.
     The Birch Tree window die is from Simon Says Stamp.  I outlined the trees with a Copic marker and added snowflakes with a white gel pen.  The rest is water colored using Zig Clean Color markers.  As you can tell I need a lot more practice with these markers but I sure had fun coloring.  Sticklers was added to the rooftops.
     Slopes were added using My Favorite Things dies.
     Again I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas! 

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Add sparkle
Work It Out Wednesday - Use dies
Simon Says - National Christmas Card Day
Word Art Wed. - Anything Goes
    
    

6 comments:

  1. What cute Christmas houses! I don't blame you for loving them!
    What fun to work with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling, Linda. I really love the bright colors and sweet layout. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us, and have a blessed week.
    karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda this sure is a very festive Christmas scene, love the great colors, wonderfully done! Glad you had a great time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those houses! I've seen so many cute ones... how can I decide? So now I have none, sheesh. This is such a darling, festive scene you've put together and I think your watercoloring looks great! Of course, you made me go look -- out of stock. A good deal for the stamps and dies combo, really. Merry two days after Christmas, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SO lucky you don't have to travel - we have been to TX and NJ for our Christmas celebrations! I love your mixing of the adorable little houses with that woodland die-cut and the flowers! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for such encouraging comments!