Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My Friend



     Hi friends!  This is week 2 of the Sponging or Stencil challenge at Shining the Light with Our Daily Bread Designs.  Since last week I did sponging I decided to switch and try a stencil.    
 

 Our Daily Bread Designs, My Friend, Happy Birthday, Watering Can die, Pennant die, Christian Faith Collection, designer Linda Carson

     I started with a stencil I found at Hobby Lobby.  Embossing paste was colored with a couple drops of alcohol ink before applying to the card.  The same color was sprayed around the card using an air brush.
      The floral watering can is from the Happy Birthday set and has its own Watering Can die.  The watering can is sitting on top of banners using the Pennant die.  The sentiment is from My Friend set.  Papers are the Christian Faith Collection.
          You'll really want to see the beautiful inspirations from my design team sisters! 

 

     To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC210 or to join the challenge click here. You have until August 3, 2014 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge you have a chance to be placed in a monthly drawing to win a $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps or to be spotlighted on the ODBD blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on the first challenge of each month.
     SALE!  This week's sale at ODBD, North Coast Creations and Artistic Outpost are flowers and gardening sets.  Check it out!
     Thanks friends for visiting!  Have a wonderful day! 




 

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Linda!! I just love that watering can with your gorgeous coloring in the vibrant colors, the stenciling with a touch of texture, and your design!! Gorgeous my friend!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Linda! I love how you colored your image... and your use of embossing paste is a wonderful textural delight! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda, what a wonderful bg you've created!!! I love texture paste and I love the way you've colored it to match the paper, so cool!! Your can of flowers is really pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! Gorgeous coloring and sponging!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Linda, I really love this watering can with flowers! And it's beautifully colored (definitely need to pull this one out soon!). And I LOVE your stenciling with the added dimension using the dyed embossing paste! It really adds a nice touch and wonderful texture! Fabulous card for this challenge! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!!! Excellent composition and layout. The color and air brush coloring are excellent. Bravo. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Linda! Love the cute water can with the colorful flowers, and all the texture from your stenciling. The sketch is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! The texture from the stenciling is awesome...love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, I just love the way you colored the flowers, neat background too, I haven't tried the paste yet with my stencils

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Linda! You are so creative! I love the embossing paste and how you colour matched the spray! Absolutely GORGEOUSly coloured flowers! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for such encouraging comments!